Developed in 2008, WPP’s robust network in the Eastern Caribbean also includes partnerships and programs in the islands of Antigua & Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, and St. Kitts & Nevis. WPP partners with local health providers and Ministries of Health in these islands to support their existing health systems by providing access to pediatric services unavailable locally. Regional capacity building and training initiatives equip and empower local doctors and nurses to provide high-level care at home.
Impact in the Eastern Caribbean since 2008
medical services delivered
surgical and diagnostic teams coordinated
health workers trained
USD in medical services provided
Eastern Caribbean Orthopedic Program
A multi-island network of diagnostic clinics, surgical teams, therapy programs and training to provide advanced orthopedic and spine care to the entire region.
Eastern Caribbean Cardiac Program
A regional network of clinics, outreach screenings, surgical referrals and training to ensure every child in the region has access to cardiac care today and in the future.
Eastern Caribbean Neonatal Network
A regional neonatal network to provide training, resource sharing and unit development throughout the region in partnership with Ministries of Health and regional health agencies.
Eastern Caribbean Craniofacial Program
A program to meet the comprehensive needs of children with craniofacial conditions including both surgical and non-surgical services.
Regional Referral Program
Connecting children with advanced care services closer to home through WPP network of international hospital partners.
U.S. Referral Program
Providing care to the most complex, urgent patients through referral to one of WPP’s partner hospitals in the United States.
WPP programs are strengthened through partnerships within the country and with other organizations committed to the goal of improving access to advanced specialty care for children in the Eastern Caribbean.
- Ministry of Health, Anguilla
- Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment, Antigua & Barbuda
- Ministry of Health, Wellness, and New Health Investment, Dominica
- Ministry of Health, Grenada
- Ministry of Health, St. Kitts & Nevis
- The Maria Holder Memorial Trust
- Pan American Health Organization, OECC
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States
- Pediatric Assistance League of St. Kitts
- St. George’s General Hospital, Grenada
- Dominica-China Friendship Hospital, Dominica
- Dominica Heart Foundation
- Sir Lester Bird Medical Center, Antigua
- JNF Hospital, St. Kitts & Nevis
- United States Embassy