Purpose and Scope of Job
The US Referrals Program Coordinator is critical to the successful execution of World Pediatric Project’s (WPP) US Referral Program which is a central part of WPP’s mission. This program brings patients from our partner countries in Central America and the Caribbean to the U.S. for surgical care. The Program Coordinator supports the administrative and case management components of the US Referrals Program in addition to coordinating volunteers and recruiting/supervising interns to meet patient and program needs.
- Provide comprehensive case management while patients are in the US including travel preparation, coordination of medical appointments, communication with international partners and database input
- Work as a team with US Referrals staff to meet the ongoing needs of WPP patients and caregivers in the group housing and medical care setting
- Transport patient and caregivers to appointments
- Interpret for Spanish speaking families as needed in housing and hospital setting
- Share “on-call” duties to respond to the needs of patients and their caregivers on designated weekends and after office hours
- Leads efforts for the recruitment, scheduling and management of interns and volunteers to take care of program needs
- Other duties may be assigned
- Independent, self-starter and problem solver able to prioritize multiple patient and caregiver needs and manage a variety of responsibilities in and outside the office setting
- Highly organized and detail-oriented to optimize effective case management
- Able to interact professionally and appropriately with a wide variety of people including NGO partners, volunteers, physicians, nurses, student interns, other WPP domestic and international staff, and families from varied educational and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside of regular hours if necessary to meet program demands
- Productively work under pressure adapting to changing environments
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Publisher
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Public Health-related field, including but not limited to social work, sociology, international studies, public health or other related fields
- Fluent in Spanish, verbal and written
- Experience working with families and children
- Experience working with culturally diverse families preferred
- Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable motor vehicle, clean driving record and active passport.
- Office setting, Community Housing Facilities, Hospitals and Clinics
- Must be able to lift 30-50 lbs without assistance
- Must be able to drive
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Position requires transportation of patients and caregivers. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Criminal and social services background check required.
- Position includes health and dental benefits, paid holidays and paid time off.
Interested and qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org